Going to an indoor shooting range isn’t just for avid gun users like those who hunt or are in the military. The shooting range can be a great place to have a fun social gathering, learn a new skill, and even gain a new sense of confidence. Check out the many other benefits of going to an indoor shooting range.
Learn to Shoot in a Safe Environment
One of the most important things when it comes to firearms is safety. If you don’t have a lot of experience with firearms, the best place to learn is in an indoor shooting range. You get a safe, controlled environment where you can ask questions, learn proper gun safety and handling, and even get some training from a professional so you can learn to shoot accurately and safely.
Weather is Not a Factor
Going to shoot at an outdoor range means you have to keep an eye on the weather. Shooting in the rain or cold just isn’t as fun or productive if you’re working on your shooting skills. Going to an indoor shooting range eliminates any worry about the weather outside and you can spend more time focused on honing your skills, even if it’s late in the day or in the off-season.
If you’re new to shooting sports, you may not own your own firearm yet or maybe you want to try out different options to see what type of gun you like best. Going to an indoor shooting range gives you the ability to rent a firearm and test a new one out before you decide to buy it. This gives you the opportunity to really get to know the fit and feel before you spend your hard-earned money on it. Some ranges may also offer you the ability to trade in your old firearm for a new one you’ve been eyeing.
Everything You Need is in One Place
Indoor shooting ranges often have a selection of retail items for sale to cover just about any item you may need while shooting, such as:
- Ear and eye protection
- Clothing and accessories
- Classes and certifications
- And more
Shooting Can Have Health Benefits
Your health can benefit from going to an indoor shooting range, including:
- Physical strength: On the surface, it may not seem like spending time at the shooting range takes physical strength, but it does. You need enough strength in your arms and hands to properly shoot and over time you will build up upper body strength and stamina.
- Become more confident: The first time at a shooting range can feel intimidating and possibly overwhelming for some. However, learning to operate such a powerful piece of equipment can make you feel on top of the world. Learning proper safety and technique from a professional at an indoor shooting range can give you a huge confidence boost.
- De-stress and enjoy yourself: Life gets stressful and we all need ways to blow off some steam. Going to the shooting range can relieve stress and you may even meet some new people and create a new group of friends.
Get Membership Perks
Most indoor shooting ranges have membership options that come with tons of perks that will save you money and make your shooting experience more enjoyable. Many range memberships offer things like:
- Extended or unlimited use of the range
- Your choice of premium targets
- Discounts on retail items
- Guest passes
- First pick of rentals
Join the Ozark Sportsman Family
Ozark Sportsman has a state-of-the-art, Action Target Genesis shooting range with 10 lanes featuring touch screen displays, swivel and changing targets, training drills, and so much more. Choose from the rifle range or handgun range, book time with your buddies, and experience the highest-rated indoor shooting range in Arkansas. If you’re new to shooting, sign up for one of our many classes and get the skills you need to really make the most of our indoor range. Visit the website to learn more or to book your range time today. Ozark Sportsman offers the lowest price for an indoor shooting range membership in the country. At just $29.99 per month, your membership will pay for itself with only two visits per month. Visit our membership page to learn more or to sign up.